Recognized since 2014
Information Technology Law
Intellectual Property Law
Dan is a General Counsel in the firm's Corporate & Commercial group, having retired from the partnership after more than 20 years, many of them spent leading the firm's technology, media and intellectual property practice.
Dan has deep experience advising on all aspects of IT, intellectual property, media and related corporate and regulatory issues – including competition and consumer law, privacy and data governance, broadcasting, defamation and other legislative compliance.
He assists clients with their transactions, contractual negotiations, operational matters and responds to regulator enquiries. Examples of his work include:
- assisting technology suppliers and their customers with all of their contracting arrangements and regulatory matters (particularly privacy-related issues, including responding to data breaches)
- advising owners and users of intellectual property on its protection and exploitation from licensing and commercialisation agreements, to management and enforcement of trade mark portfolios
- acting for producers, financiers and distributors of film, television programs and other content, from the earliest development stage to spin-offs and remakes of global success stories
- assisting advertising agencies and corporates with the contracting for, and clearance of, advertising and communications campaigns.
Dan also acts for clients in other sectors which are undertaking procurements, branding exercises and other uses of intellectual property and information technology.
Aside from his listing in The Best Lawyers in Australia, Dan was also recognised by Doyle's Guide as a recommended Victorian lawyer in Technology, Media & Telecommunications Law in 2021.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.holdingredlich.com/lawyers/melbourne/dan-pearce
- Level 8, 555 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
37 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ awards
- Entertainment Law
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
In 2021, Dan was listed as a recommended lawyer in Technology, Media & Telecommunications Law for Victoria by Doyle's Guide
2021 5-Star Cyber Lawyer by Australasian Lawyers.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.