Ms. Cohen primarily concentrates her practice on domestic and international franchising, distribution and licensing law. She is co-head of her firm’s international franchise practice.
Ms. Cohen advises both emerging and mature companies with respect to planning, structuring and implementing their franchise, distribution and licensing programs. Her experience includes drafting franchise, master franchise, license and distribution agreements; preparing franchise disclosure documents (FDDs); securing registration of franchise offerings in the U.S. and abroad; negotiating and structuring complex system-wide supplier arrangements, as well as drafting agreements memorializing such system-wide supplier arrangements; implementing compliance programs and system-wide standards; and, counseling franchisors on a variety of franchise relationship issues, such as franchise termination and strategies to avoid and resolve franchisee disputes.Ms. Cohen’s practice also concentrates on franchise-related mergers and acquisitions (including assisting private equity firms with the purchase and sale of franchise systems); sophisticated franchise-related financing transactions (including the securitization of a franchisor’s royalty stream); and, general corporate law.
Ms. Cohen is a graduate of Fordham University School of Law, where she was a member of the International Law Journal, and a graduate of Emory University, where she was a member of Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society, the Dean’s List and graduated with Highest Honors.
Contact & Links
- 1251 Avenue of the Americas, 37th Floor
New York, NY 10020
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., graduated 2012
- Emory University, B.A., graduated 2009
- New York, 2013
- New Jersey, 2012
- American Bar Association , Forum on Franchising - Member
- International Franchise Association - Legal Symposium Task Force Member, 2017-2019
- International Franchise Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- The Legal 500 - Exclusive Contributor - United States Franchise & Licensing Comparative Guide , 2019 - Present
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, "Rising Star", 2015 - PresentListed, Franchise Times, “Legal Eagle”, 2018 - PresentThe Legal 500 Exclusive Contributor to the 2019 United States Franchise & Licensing Comparative Guide
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.