Recognized since 2010
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Sam Anderson is a shareholder and co-chair of the firm’s Business Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group. Sam’s practice focuses primarily on representing debtors in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings. Sam’s practice has focused most recently on representing real estate holding companies in chapter 11, including debtors in single asset real estate cases, and representing companies in the hospitality industry through reorganizations and asset sales. Additionally, Sam has considerable recent experience working on individual Chapter 11 reorganizations. He has extensive experience representing creditors in Chapter 11 proceedings, including representing landlords as creditors in these proceedings.
Sam has a wide range of experience in representing clients in pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy related matters, including representing clients in valuation disputes, preference litigation, fraudulent transfer litigation, stay relief, assets sales under the Bankruptcy Code, plan confirmation and other matters arising under bankruptcy law.
He also has experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation in both state and federal courts.
Contact & Links
- West Tower
100 Middle Street
P.O. Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden, JD, graduated 2000
- University of New Hampshire, BA, graduated 1993
- Maine, State of Maine
- New Jersey, State of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Portland, ME (2023)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Portland, ME (2022)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Portland, ME (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.