D. Lee Roberts, Jr.
Recognized in:Litigation - Construction
Law School:College of William & Mary School of Law
Location:6385 South Rainbow Boulevard, Suite 400Las Vegas, NV 89118
- College of William & Mary School of Law, J.D., graduated 1986
- The University of Virginia, BA, graduated 1983
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Nevada, State Bar of Nevada
- Nevada, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Georgia, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Federal Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Federal Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Federal Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Federal Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association - Member, Forum Committee on the Construction Industry; Bid Protest Committee; Sections on Public Contract Law and Litigation, 1985-present
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Associate
- Nevada Law Foundation - Colleague & Board of Trustees Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Construction, Las Vegas (2018)
- Litigation - Construction, Las Vegas (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation - Construction
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers List, Construction Litigation (2007)
- Best Lawyers 2010-2017, Litigation - Construction
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite Southern Nevada (2016)
- Best Lawyers Construction Lawyer of the Year, Litigation, Miami (2013)
- Corporate Counsel, Top Lawyer (2011)
- Intercontinental Finance Magazine, Leading Lawyer 500, Construction Law (2014)
- Who's Who Legal, Construction (2012)
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers (2013)
- Lawyer Monthly, Construction Lawyer of the Year - USA (2013)
Served as lead counsel for renowned Las Vegas casino and resort in the longest civil jury trial in Nevada history; defended against thousands of individual claims. Jury verdict was $58 million less than final pre-trial demand. Defense verdict on construction manager's claims for delay damages, extended home office overhead and punitive damages.
Served as lead counsel for internationally acclaimed circus troupe following a catastrophic injury resulting from alleged product liability at Las Vegas venue; five-week jury trial resulted in favorable settlement after closing arguments of $18 million less than final pre-trial demand.
Extensive arbitration experience, including limiting a construction manager to less than $7 million on more than $34 million in claims.
Settled $20 million trade contractor claim after start of trial for less than two percent of claim.
Recovery of $3.3 million on $4 million in affirmative claims on Denver Tenth Circuit Courthouse historic renovation.
Obtained policy limits of over $2 million in professional negligence lawsuit against architect and consulting engineers.
Obtained $300,000 settlement of matter in Court of Federal Claims case in which the federal government sought $9 million in reprocurement costs and liquidated damages following termination for default.
Defense verdict in fatal electrocution case.
- Catastrophic Injury
- Construction Litigation
- Government Contracts
- International Arbitration
- Product Liability
- Surety & Bond
2601 South Bayshore Drive, Suite 1500
Miami, FL 33133
255 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1260
Orlando, FL 32801
6385 South Rainbow Boulevard, Suite 400
Las Vegas, NV 89118