Recognized since 2016
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Cynthia Bremer is the managing shareholder of the Minneapolis office. Cynthia has extensive experience in employment law and complex litigation matters. Her practice focuses on representing corporations and corporate management in all types of employment law matters. While Cynthia’s primary focus has been employment litigation defense in federal and state courts throughout the Midwest, including class and collective actions, Cynthia also advises companies on critical employment law issues involving past and present employees. Further, Cynthia has litigated numerous restrictive covenants suits, including seeking and defending preliminary injunctions and merit proceedings. In addition to extensive litigation and advising experience in employment law, Cynthia’s experience also includes securities arbitrations, commercial and civil litigation, and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to entering private practice in Minneapolis in 1999, Cynthia was in private practice in North Dakota. While in North Dakota, Cynthia was also a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of North Dakota and represented the State in dozens of administrative hearings and appeals.
Cynthia started her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri, assigned to the Complex Litigation group. Her cases as an Assistant Attorney General included jury and bench trials, petitions for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court on constitutional law issues, and key involvement in one of the largest civil RICO cases ever brought in Missouri. Cynthia was also appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the prosecution of election law violations.
In addition to being very involved within the legal and business communities, Cynthia is a frequent seminar presenter, addressing a variety of human resource and employment law issues.
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1800
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Carleton College, BA
- Minnesota, United States
- Illinois, United States
- North Dakota, United States
- Missouri, United States
- Carleton College - Alumni Admissions Representative and Assistant Class Agent
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Federal Practice Committee for the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota (Judge-nominated) - Chair of the Communications Subcommittee
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- HIRED - Chair and Executive Committee of Board of Directors
- llinois State Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota Management Attorney's Association - Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers - Member
- Missouri State Bar Association - Member
- North Dakota State Bar Association - Member
- Orono Citizens Police Academy - Graduate and Community Volunteer
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Minneapolis (2021)
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in Minnesota - Super Lawyers (2015)
- Top 40 Employment Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Minnesota - Super Lawyers (2015)
- Super Lawyer for more than 10 years
- Order of the Barristers
- Chambers USA
- Fellow in The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society - Litigation Counsel of America
- Top 50 Female Attorneys in Minneapolis
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.