Recognized since 2017
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Family Law Mediation
The fact is that most divorces and family law matters settle out of court. Curtis has therefore devoted a significant percentage of his practice to helping willing families work through their disputes through mediation, Collaborative Law, and other less-adversarial methods.
Curtis is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been named as a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters each year since 2008. Curtis currently serves on the Texas Board of Legal Specialization Family Law Advisory Commission and has served on the Collin County Bench Bar Foundation Board of Trustees.
Curtis is a graduate of Baylor University School of Law. He is licensed by the Texas Supreme Court to practice in Texas State courts and has been admitted to practice in the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the Collin County Bar Association and the Dallas Bar Association. In addition, Curtis serves on the Board of Directors for the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas.
As a partner working in the Plano office of GoransonBain, Curtis assists his clients with the traumatic consequences of divorce, child custody, and other family law matters in Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, and Grayson County.
Contact & Links
- 7160 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 650
Plano, TX 75024
- Baylor University, J.D., Law, graduated 1994
- Baylor University, B.B.A., Economics, graduated 1991
- Texas, 1994
- Collaborative Divorce Texas - Past President
- College of the State Bar of Texas - Member
- Collin County Bar Association - Member
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Family Law Advisory Commission – Texas Board of Legal Specialization - Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section - Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists - Member
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law Mediation, Dallas/Fort Worth (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2008-2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.