Recognized since 2009
Capital Markets Law
Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
Private Equity Law
Venture Capital Law
Partner of Carey and member of the firm´s Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Groups. His practice focuses on advising local and foreign clients in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital. The foregoing is combined with an extensive practice on joint ventures, shareholders agreements and corporate governance in general. With respect to capital markets, he advises issuers, investors and brokers, with a special focus on fund formation, structuring, registration and management of investment funds.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Latin American Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (LAVCA).
- Member of the International Section and Latin America Council of the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of the Aliança de Advocacia Empresarial (ALAE).
- Professor of Mergers & Acquisitions, Universidad Los Andes (since 2017).
- Professor of the Degree in Compliance and Corporate Governance, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2017).
- Member of the Commission for the new Commercial Regulation in Chile (2016-2017).
- Writing advisor for the regulation of the Law 20,659: "Companies incorporated in one day" for the Ministry of Economy, enacted in 2013.
- Writing advisor of the bill project for the New Regulation on Corporations for the Ministry of Finance, enacted in 2012.
- Professor of Mergers & Acquisitions, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2009-2015).
- Foreign associate, Corporate Group, Pinheiro Neto Advogados, Sao Paulo (third quarter of 2006).
- Foreign associate, M&A Group, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, New York (2005-2006).
- Professor of Commercial Law and Corporations, Universidad Alberto Hurtado (2004-2011).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.Member of the International Bar Association.
- Periodic opinion columnist on private equity and venture capital, Revista Industria Legal.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter "Alternative Investment Funds", ICLG (2021 and 2022).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter "ESG and Impact Investing", Lexology Getting the Deal Through (2021, 2022 and 2023).
- Co-author of "Proposal to Facilitate the Merger of Chilean Companies into a Foreign Company", Estudios de Derecho Comercial en Sextas Jornadas Chilenas de Derecho Comercial, Ediciones UC (2017).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Private Equity, Getting the Deal Through (2017).
- Co-author of "Transactions with related parties in public corporations", Actualidad Jurídica, year XVI, N°31, Universidad del Desarrollo (2015).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Mergers & Acquisitions, Getting the Deal Through (2009-2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Securities World, The European Lawyer, London (2007).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Directors’ Liability: A Worldwide Review, Kluwer Law International, Netherlands (2006).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in International Stock Purchase Acquisitions, American Bar Association, Chicago (2006).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Merger Control Worldwide, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2005).
- Frequent panelist in legal seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.carey.cl/en/resume/cristian-eyzaguirre/
- Isidora Goyenechea 2800, Piso 43
- Chile, Bar Association of Chile
- Private Equity Law, Santiago, Chile (2020)
- Capital Markets Law
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
- Private Equity Law
- Venture Capital Law
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Private Equity, Best Lawyers (2020).
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Investment Funds, Leading Lawyers (2014).
- Recognized in M&A and Investment Funds, Leading Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America and Chambers Global.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets, Mining & Metals and Private Equity, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Corporate/M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, LACCA.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets, Corporate Governance, Compliance, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in M&A, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets and Private Equity, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in M&A, Leading Lawyers.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.