Craig S. Nuss
Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C.
Recognized since 2019
Litigation - Construction
Craig S. Nuss, the co-practice group leader of the Construction Defects department at Burg Simpson. His department has achieved Tier 1 status by US News and World Report (the highest-ranking available). Mr. Nuss is a Colorado native born in Brush in 1960. He obtained his undergraduate degree in business administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1982 and graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 1988. Mr. Nuss begin his legal career the following year with a large Denver insurance defense firm focusing on construction defect and personal injury claims. His career is now focused on representing homeowners and homeowner associations in construction defect cases.
In the past three decades, Mr. Nuss has handled more than 70 civil jury trials in Colorado state and federal courts. He has taught many education courses on construction defects and trial tactics.
Mr. Nuss’s distinguished credentials include being recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with top Preeminent® AV rating and being a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a prestigious and invitation-only international trial lawyer organization. He has also been selected by his peers as a Colorado Super Lawyer® every year since 2007. Additionally, Mr. Nuss has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and 5280 Magazine as one of Denver’s Top Lawyers. Mr. Nuss is currently serving as a trustee of the Colorado Bar Foundation which is the charitable arm of the Colorado Bar Association
- Lawyer Page: https://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney/craig-s-nuss/
- 40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
- University of Denver, J.D., graduated 1988
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S., graduated 1982
- United States, New Mexico
- United States, Arizona
- United States, Colorado
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- United States, U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- United States, Texas
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) - Member
- Arapahoe Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
25 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
7 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Construction Law, Denver (2023)
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Treasurer, Phi Alpha Delta, 1986
- Recipient, David Bernard Foundation Aviation Law Award
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2019-2022
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers®, 2007 - 2022
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff, 2014-2017, 2020
- 5280 Magazine Top Lawyer, 2016 - 2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.