Craig M. Brooks
Recognized since 2017
Employment Law - Individuals
Labor Law - Management
An employment and labor attorney, Craig M. Brooks primarily represents management, providing advice on how to handle employee issues and actions, as well as defending or pursuing claims in court and before government agencies on matters including employment discrimination claims, wage and hour matters, sexual and other harassment investigations and claims, Family and Medical Leave Act, wrongful discharge, labor/union matters, restrictive covenants, affirmative action programs, defamation, and privacy. Craig also represents individuals with advice and pursuing claims arising out of their employment.
Craig has significant experience representing management on union issues, including advice and counseling on as well as handling matters such as labor arbitrations and grievances, unfair labor practice charges and other NLRB proceedings, union collective bargaining agreement negotiations, union representation cases (e.g., elections, unit clarification proceedings, decertifications), court suits over labor issues, and proper practices in developing/maintaining employer represented workforces.
In addition to Craig having a successful track record representing clients when claims arise, he is focused on working with clients on best practices to prevent employment problems and achieve organizational goals. He has appeared extensively before government employment practice agencies, including the EEOC, PHRC, NLRB, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA, Pa. L&I, among others. An important part of Craig’s practice is conducting training of managers and supervisors so they can minimize legal claims and better utilize human resources department staff to achieve their business goals.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 412-288-2214
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hh-law.com/professional/craig-m-brooks/
- Three Gateway Center, 22nd Floor
401 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Duke University, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S.
- Pennsylvania, U.S. District, Appeals and Supreme Courts, Commonwealth of PA
- Allegheny County Bar Association - Member
- Pittsburgh Human Resources Association - Former Board Member
- United Cerebral Palsy of Pittsburgh - Former Board Member
10 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
4 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Labor Law - Management
- AV Preeminent Rated - Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers - 2017, 2018
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.