White & Case LLP
Recognized since 2012
New York, New York
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Colleen Tracy James is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Intellectual Property practice. She focuses her practice on patent litigation, USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board proceedings, and other complex intellectual property litigation representing clients in the life sciences industry. She has extensive experience litigating Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) matters brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act in federal courts across the US for clients such as, Gilead, AstraZeneca, and GlaxoSmithKline.
Whether she is handling a high-stakes patent litigation or engaged in IP counseling, due diligence or licensing, Colleen is known for being organized, efficient, cool under pressure and an exceptional communicator. Her skill and dedication in preparing witnesses for depositions has, time and again, allowed her to achieve outcomes that met or exceeded client expectations.
Above all, Colleen puts a premium on listening to her clients and building consensus among stakeholders so that she can craft strategies that respond directly to the client's legal and business needs.
According to Legal 500 US, "Colleen Tracy attracted client praise for her 'overall depth of knowledge, dogged advocacy, and unfailing attentiveness to details of concern to the client.'" Colleen was Recognized as a "Life Science Star" in the 2016 edition of Euromoney’s Legal Media Group (LMG) Life Sciences, and has been recognized as an "IP Star" by Managing Intellectual Property since 2014, she was also recognized as one of the “Top 250 Women in IP” by Managing Intellectual Property in 2016.Colleen was selected as a top intellectual property law practitioner in the 2011-2017 editions of Best Lawyers in America. She was also named a 2013 "Woman Worth Watching" by Profiles in Diversity Journal. Colleen was featured as a rising star by Law360 in 2010 and was named a rising star in intellectual property law in the 2007 edition of Law360.
While in law school, Colleen served as a student law clerk to the Honorable William G. Bassler of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.whitecase.com/people/colleen-tracy-james
- 1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020-1095
- Manhattan College, graduated 1992
- Seton Hall University , J.D., graduated 1996
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology - Advisory Board Member
- National Association of Women Lawyers - Member
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum - Board of Advisors
- Seton Hall University Law School - Board of Visitors
- Best Lawyers - Board of Advisors
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Recognized as a "Life Science Star" in the 2016 edition of Euromoney’s Legal Media Group (LMG) Life Sciences
- Recognized as an "IP Star" in Managing IP's 2016 World IP Handbook and Survey
- Listed in IAM 1000’s The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, 2016
- Recognized in Managing Intellectual Property’s “IP Stars - Top 250 Women in IP”, 2016
- Appeared in The World’s Leading Patent Professionals 2015
- Appeared as an "IP Star" in Managing IP's 2015 World IP Handbook and Survey
- Appeared in IAM Patent 1000 2015
- Appeared in Managing IP, IP Stars Rankings: New York, 2014, 2015, 2016; United States, 2014
- Appeared in Super Lawyers New York-Metro Edition, 2011-2016
- Appeared as a 2013 Woman Worth Watching in Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Appeared in Top Women Attorneys in Metro NY in The New York Times, 2015
- Appeared in Top Attorneys in Metro NY in The New York Times, 2015
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.