Recognized since 2005
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Colin P. Smith practices in the areas of product liability, mass tort and commercial litigation. Over the past 30 years, he has represented numerous companies in complex and consolidated product liability litigation involving product warranty and performance issues, mass disasters and serial litigation arising from claims of product defects. His experience extends to a broad array of products, especially in the automotive, electronics, construction, pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer products industries.
Mr. Smith has represented clients as trial counsel and national or regional coordinating counsel throughout the United States. He increasingly counsels clients in litigation management and risk management across a broad spectrum of issues.
Contact & Links
- 150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2700
Chicago, IL 60606
- DePauw University, BA
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Washington University Law Quarterly, Senior Editor
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Order of the Coif
- BTI Client Service All-Star, 2005
- Chicago Law Bulletin Leading Lawyer
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Product Liability & Mass Torts, 2008-2013; Product Liability: Automobile, 2013
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.