Recognized since 2006
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Colin Simpson’s legal practice focuses primarily on personal injury and general civil litigation; business formation and law; real estate; contracts; farm and ranch; land use; government relations; and domestic relations matters.
Mr. Simpson has been engaged in the practice of law since 1987. He practices with the law firm his grandfather, Milward L. Simpson, established—Simpson, Kepler & Edwards, LLC, the Cody, Wyoming division of Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C.
Mr. Simpson has been selected by members of the national legal community as one of the Best Lawyers in America 2006-2022. Best Lawyers publishes a book each year listing those individuals who are recognized as professionals who continue their education in an effort to stay current in their chosen profession and continue to distinguish themselves among their peers. The book is considered to be, professionally, the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. Mr. Simpson was chosen as a member of this distinguished group because he has displayed an exemplary commitment to his profession, his community, and to his clients. Mr. Simpson has also been rated as a “Top Rated Attorney” by AVVO for 2021.
Mr. Simpson serves on the Boards of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and Yellowstone Behavioral Health in Cody, Wyoming; First Bank of Wyoming, a division of Glacier Bank, in Powell, Wyoming; and the Riley Arena and Community Events Center. Mr. Simpson previously served on the boards of the Cody Country Chamber of Commerce (Pres. 1993) and the Park County Youth Hockey Association.
Mr. Simpson served in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1999 through 2012; he served as Speaker of the House in 2009 and 2010. His other legislative accomplishments include Majority Floor Leader (2007-2009), Speaker Pro-Tem (2005-2007), Management Council (2005-2009), Vice-Chair of the Appropriations Committee (2005-2007), Select Committee on Capital Finance and Investment (2007-2009), Select Committee on School Capital Construction (2001-2003), Management Audit Committee (1999 to 2000), Select Committee on De-Earmarking of State Funds (2000-2001), Select Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse (2005-2007) and Co-Chairman (2005-2006), House Judiciary Committee (1999-2005) and as Chairman (2003-2005) and Co-Chairman of the Select Committee on Split Estates (2004).
Mr. Simpson was one of two Wyoming Representatives chosen to participate in the Council of State Governments-WEST (CSG-WEST), the first leadership-training institute for state legislators to build excellence and effectiveness in state legislators.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney/colin-m-simpson/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 1135 Fourteenth Street
Cody, WY 82414-0490
- University of Wyoming, J.D., graduated 1985
- Colorado College, B.S., graduated 1982
- United States, District of Wyoming
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court
- Wyoming, Wyoming
- Wyoming Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Appropriations Committee (2005-2007) - Member / Vice Chairman
- Board of Trustees, Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Cody, Wyoming - Member
- Board, First National Bank & Trust, Powell, Wyoming - Member
- Client Security Fund Committee of the Wyoming State Bar (1995-1996) - Member
- Judiciary Committee (1999-2005) - Chairman, 2003-2005
- Park County Bar Association - President, 1997-1998
- Speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives, (2009 through 2010) - Speaker
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association - President (2018-2019)
- Fifth Judicial District Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Rating
- AVVO®, Highest Distinction of Superb 10.0 Attorney Rating
- Martindale-HubbellSM Client Champion Silver, 2019
- Selected to Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2012, 2014 - 2021
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2006-2022
Vehicle Crashes, Accidents & Injury, Wrongful Death Litigation and Recovery for Damages
Business Litigation and Contract Law
General and Commercial Litigation
Real Estate Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.