Recognized since 2006
Vancouver, British Columbia
Labour and Employment Law
Colin has practiced labour, employment and human rights law since his call to the British Columbia bar in 1986. He is ranked by his peers as one of the leading management side labour and employment lawyers in British Columbia.
The majority of Colin’s practice involves acting for universities, special purpose teaching universities, colleges and institutes in British Columbia’s post-secondary and university sectors. He also advises and represents employers in a wide variety of private sector industries, including mining, forestry, insurance, hospitality, the arts, construction, roadbuilding, food processing, manufacturing, retail, air-traffic control and professional services.
Colin is creative, focused and determined in his approach. He draws on his knowledge and insight into personalities, objectives and pressures to obtain results. He builds long relationships with his clients by understanding their goals and priorities, and by being diligent, responsive and personable. He is highly regarded not only by his employer clients, but also by unions and other key stakeholders. In his work as an advisor, advocate and negotiator, he uses his skill, experience and tenacity to steer his clients through the process toward the best possible outcome.
Colin is a former Chair of the Labour Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association (B.C. Branch), and a longstanding member of the Human Resources Management Association. He has written numerous articles on labour relations, arbitration and employment law, and he is a well-known speaker on those subjects at Continuing Legal Education and other conferences.
- Lawyer Page: https://harrisco.com/lawyers/colin-gibson/
- Bentall 5, 14th Floor
550 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2B5
- British Columbia, Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers - Member
- Canadian Association of University Solicitors - Member
- Human Resources Management Association of British Columbia - Member
- Labour Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch - Former Chair
- Labour and Employment Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Labour and Employment Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Employment Law - Management
- Martindale-Hubbell: BV Distinguished
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2012 recognized for Management Labour & Employment
- Leading practitioner by Canadian HR Reporter
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.