Clyde is a native of Norfolk, Virginia, and a Director in the firm’s labor relations and employment practice. His experience spans over 30 years, working exclusively in the field of labor relations and employment. Clyde has represented employers throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Norway, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Nigeria. He speaks regularly to employers and associations nationwide, trains managers on the fundamentals of employee relations, and advises companies on the development of human resource policy manuals and employee handbooks. He has prepared corporate executives for testimony, and has personally testified before the U.S. Congress as an expert on labor law.
The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers inducted Clyde Jacob as a Fellow in 2011. Membership in the College is limited to the top labor and employment lawyers in the country. Additionally, Clyde has been honored with many professional recognitions include those of Martindale Hubbell, Chambers USA, Best Lawyer and Super Lawyer.
Clyde has done a number of professional presentations including an address to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and taking part in hearings for the U.S. Congress House of Representatives, House Subcommittee on Employer and Employee Relations and the House Subcommittee on Workforce Empowerment and Government Relations.
Clyde represents employers in response to union organizing, boycotts, National Labor Relations Board representation cases, and corporate campaigns. This work also includes defending unfair labor practice charges, collective bargaining negotiations, defense against union strikes, and arbitration proceedings. He also works in the area of employment relations, including defense of discrimination claims, the development of affirmative action programs, defense of wage/compensation claims, and the counseling of corporations in employee terminations and during layoffs and reductions in force.
- Poultry Processing, Oil and Gas Services, Public Utility, Hospitality
- The Basics of Supervision
- Discipline and Documentation
- Workplace harassment
- Legal Response to Union Organizing
- Offshore Marine Services Association (OMSA), September 19, 2013, “Labor and Employment Update.”
- Louisiana Liaison Group (LLG), Webinar, September 16, 2013, “Final Regulations – Compliance with Veterans and Persons with Disabilities AAP”
- CUE, Inc. Conference, New Orleans, LA, May 14, 2013, “Real World Scenarios-Concerted Activity and ULPs Under the Current NLRB”
- WorkBoat.com, February 25, 2013, “NLRB Rules on Tug Mate Supervisory Status” (Interview)
- Offshore Marine Services Association (OMSA), New Orleans, LA, January 22, 2013, “The Results Are In: Now, What Can Employers Expect from the NLRB and DOL?”
- CUE, Inc. National Webinar, December 11, 2012, “The Results Are In: Now, What Can Employers Expect from the NLRB and DOL?”
- CUE, Inc. Conference, Orlando, FL, May 20, 2012, “Ask The Experts”
- Offshore Marine Services Association (OMSA), New Orleans, Louisiana, January 25, 2012, “The Coming Tsunami of Labor and Employment Regulations”
- WorkBoat.com, December 5, 2011, “Union Elections Hit Fast Track” (Interview)
- CUE, Inc. Conference, Phoenix, AZ, October 11, 2011, “Campaign Tactics: What Works, What Doesn’t, What’s Legal”
- WorkBoat.com, July 21, 2011, “Unions Want to Speed Up Certification” (Interview)
- The Times Picayune, July 13, 2011, “Debate on Union Votes Heats Up” (Interview)
- The Times Picayune, June 19, 2011, “Weiner Flunked Crisis Response Test” (Interview)
- Nation’s Restaurant News, November 8, 2010, “Border Crises: Industry Needs
- Immigration Reform” (Op-Ed)
- CUE, Inc. Conference, Newport Beach, CA, October 19, 2010, “Union Corporate Campaign Goes Global”
- The Times-Picayune, August 8, 2010, “Hasty Termination of Shirley Sherrod Offers Up a Lesson In Employee Relations” (Interview)
- SHRM National Webinar, April 27, 2010, “What WEB 2.0 and the Social Media Mean for HR”
- Houston Business Journal, April 23-29, 2010, “Laying Down the Law For Social Media” (Interview)
- New Orleans City Business, April 12, 2010, “Immigration Officials Triple Business Audit Efforts” (Interview)
- The Times Picayune, April 11, 2010, “64 Louisiana Companies Will Face U.S. Immigration and Customs Inspections This Year” (Interview)
- Offshore Marine Services Association, New Orleans, LA, September 10, 2009, “What’s Happening With EFCA and Other Congressional Surprises”
- Counsel To Counsel, July/August, 2009, “Avoiding Lawsuits After Layoffs”
- Texas State Bar Association, Construction Law Conference, San Antonio, TX, February 27, 2009, “Immigration Law For Construction Lawyers”