Recognized since 2021
Charities / Non-Profit Law
With extensive experience in not-for-profit and charitable organizations and corporate and commercial law Cliff provides his clients with the benefit of his broad range of legal knowledge. He counsels Boards of Directors on procedural matters, contracts, employment matters, business activities, grant applications, taxation and regulatory compliance and works with charitable donors and their advisors. He advises on governance and continuance issues under federal and provincial non-share capital statutes. As a business law advisor, Cliff acts for private companies, partnerships, joint ventures, entrepreneurs and professionals, assisting them in all aspects of their establishment, financing, relationships, business activities and succession.
- Advice to national religious organization on application of Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act to its special legislation
- Acting for environmental non-profit on financing off-balance sheet financing for energy retrofits of publicly and privately owned commercial and residential buildings
- Establishment of trust structure to hold private company shares for benefit of public charitable foundation
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.grllp.com/profile/cliffords.goldfarb
- Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower
22 Adelaide Street West, Suite 3600
Toronto, ON M5H 4E3
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLM, graduated 1973
- University of Toronto, JD, graduated 1969
- Canadian Bar Association, Charities and Not-for-Profit Section - Executive
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member
- Chambers and Partners, recognized for Charities/Non-Profits Nationwide Canada - Recognized
- Charity & Not-for-Profit Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association - (Past Chair)
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario Nonprofit Network - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Charities / Non-Profit Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.