Clifford J. Miller is Co-Founder of the firm, a Senior Member of its Executive Committee, and Chairman of the Business/Real Estate practice group. For more than 37 years Cliff has represented and advised institutions and individuals in a broad and widely varied range of business matters, including the following:
· Structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial and residential real estate development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, including office buildings, resort hotels, mixed-use residential and retail commercial condominiums, residential subdivisions, shopping centers, and theme parks; structuring and negotiating ground leases and tenant leases for the foregoing; negotiating and preparing contracts with architects, engineers, environmental consultants, construction companies, and others for the development of major real estate projects; negotiating and preparing hotel management and technical services agreements for hotels
· Structuring, organizing, and reorganizing limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations
· Mergers and acquisition of operating businesses
· Structuring and negotiating acquisition, construction, long-term, bridge and operating loans and lines of credit for institutional and private lenders and borrowers
· Negotiating and documenting workouts and restructuring of loans for lenders and borrowers
· Negotiating and documenting agreements with actors, musicians, talent managers and agents, and production companies
Cliff served as General Counsel for the PacificBasin EconomicCouncil (PBEC) for over 10 years, during which he advised PBEC on the admission of China to PBEC, and represents companies and individuals based in and/or doing business in China, Japan, and the greater Asia region. Cliff is widely recognized as a creative and innovative problem solver for the Firm’s clients.