Claude F. Reynaud, Jr.
Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P.
Recognized since 2001
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Litigation - Antitrust
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
Claude F. Reynaud, Jr. is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. He has been a partner since 1981. Mr. Reynaud is a member of the firm's Management Committee. His principal areas of practice include litigation involving: antitrust; intellectual property; RICO; unfair competition; fiduciary duties of corporate officers, directors, and trustees; securities; contracts; automobile franchise law; lender liability; and health care. Mr. Reynaud has experience particularly in complex commercial litigation with its attendant discovery issues and motion practice. Mr. Reynaud also assists clients in the areas of antitrust, corporate governance, and prosecutes trademark and copyright applications.
Protecting businesses from unfair competition
- AntitrustUnfair trade practices
- Trade secrets, trademarks and copyright
- Business defamation
Shareholder and member disputes in closely-held companies
- Fiduciary duty litigation
- Disputes involving shareholder or operating agreements
- Corporate control disputes
- Derivative suits
- Corporate governance issues.
- Business torts
- Breaches of contract
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Securities litigation
- Lender liability
- Representing healthcare providers in managed care suits
- Opioid litigation
Enforcing manufacturers’ compliance with state franchise law
- Disputes between manufacturers and dealers
- Disputes between co-owners of dealerships
- Trade association issues (antitrust)Representing large groups of dealers in common issues with manufacturers
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bswllp.com/claude-f-reynaud-jr
- One American Place, Suite 2300
301 Main Street
P.O. Box 3197
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
- Tulane University, J.D., graduated 1977
- Louisiana State University, BS, graduated 1974
- Louisiana, Louisiana Supreme Court, 1977
- United States, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, 1981
- United States, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal, 1981
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- United States, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal, 1994
- Louisiana, Louisiana, 1977
- American Bar Association, Business and Antitrust Section, Intellectual Property Section - member
- Baton Rouge New Car Dealers Association - General Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel - member
- Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association - General Counsel
- Louisiana Bar Association, Business and Antitrust Section, Intellectual Property Section, Member of Committee to revise the Louisiana State Anti-trust laws - member
- NASD Arbitrator - Chairperson of numerous arbitration panels
- Visit Baton Rouge, Convention and Visitors Bureau - Member of the Board
41 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
10 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Baton Rouge (2017)
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Selected Lawyer of the Year, in Litigation - Intellectual Property in Baton Rouge by The Best Lawyers in America® 2017
- Ranked by Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers for Louisiana in the area of Litigation: General Commercial in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Commercial Litigation; Litigation; Antitrust; Litigation; and Intellectual Property (listed annually since 2001)
- Named Super Lawyer in 2010 and 2012.
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated.
- Corporate Law
- Franchise Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Municipal
- Litigation - Securities
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.