Recognized since 2022
Privacy and Data Security Law
Claude-Etienne Armingaud is a partner in the firm's Paris office and a member of the Technology Transactions and Sourcing practice group. He is also a practice group coordinator for the Data Protection, Privacy, and Security practice group at K&L Gates. His practice relies on extensive experience in understanding technological and structural processes, which allows for innovative approaches to solidify his client's business models and protect their intangible assets, at all stages of their growth.
Claude-Etienne advises clients active in the digital industries, with a particular interest in innovative services and notably fintech and blockchain-based services, connected and autonomous cars and automotive sector, data optimization and valuation, notably in the IoT sector.
He has notably been involved in the connected car ecosystem, on R&D projects relating to experimentation of autonomous cars, partnership agreements for the development of in-car connected services and the assistance of value-added service startups for the negotiation of the CNIL/French Data Protection Authority's compliance package for connected vehicles. He is a regular speaker about the legal aspects pertaining to connected and autonomous vehicles, notably at the Connected Car Conference in Paris, the Connected Mobility Conference in Lille, The Future of Transportation World Conference in Cologne and Vienna and the Global Manufacturing and Industralization Summit in Abu Dhabi.
He also assists clients with their General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance process, including risk analysis and contractual implementation of data processing and data sharing services and implementation of Big Data projects notably within the artificial intelligence industry.
Contact & Links
- 116 avenue des Champs-Elysées
- Cornell Law School , LLM, graduated 2005
- Paris Nanterre University, DESS, graduated 2004
- New York, 2006
- France, 2007
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in France™ 2023 for work in:
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Professional CertificationIAPP’s Certified Information Privacy Professional CIPP/EOneTrust Certified Privacy ProfessionalPrivacy and Information TechnologyBest Lawyers in France, listed in « Privacy and Data Security Law » (2021-present)Global Data Review, listed in the GDR 100 (2021-present)Legal 500 - Data Protection - “Leading Individual”Legal 500 - IT, telecoms and the InternetLeaders League/Décideurs - Data protection Law - Highly RecommendedLeaders League/Décideurs - IT, software & digital projects - RecommendedLeaders League/Décideurs - Internet - RecommendedLeaders League/Décideurs - E-Health - RecommendedIntellectual PropertyLeaders League/Décideurs - Brands, designs, and modelsLeaders League/Décideurs - Management of trademark, design and model portfoliosLeaders League/Décideurs - e-Health & biotechnology Previous mentions: Legal 500 - Trademark & Designs; Legal 500 - Copyright; Legal 500 - Luxury goods; Legal 500 - Healthcare and life sciences
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.