Recognized since 2014
Christy Brooks serves as Counsel to the firm where she focuses on school and family law, and litigation techniques. Her previous work for school districts had a special emphasis on state and federal laws affecting pupil matters including discipline and special education. In the family law area, in addition to divorce and paternity, her work included Collaborative Divorce cases.
Her civic activities have included: Board of Directors: Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund, Greater Milwaukee Voluntary Action Center, Legal Action of Wisconsin, Task Force on Family Violence (President). She is a member of the Milwaukee County Healthy Start Community Action Network (CAN). She also was a member of the City of Milwaukee and Madison Boards of Zoning Appeals. Christy has served as past secretary to the McKinley Elementary PTA, and as past secretary to the Milwaukee Wellesley Club. She was a member of the Wauwatosa Civil Service Commission for ten years (Chair from 2002-2004). She also worked with the Milwaukee Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families Committee to reduce infant mortality.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vonbriesen.com/people/christy-a-brooks
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, J.D., graduated 1977
- Wellesley College, B.A., with honors, graduated 1974
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Wisconsin Law Foundation - Fellow
- American Bar Association - Member
- Association for Women Lawyers - Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member
- Milwaukee Barristers’ Club - Chancellor
- Ozaukee County Bar Associations - Treasurer
- Wisconsin School Attorneys Association - Member, Former President
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Family Law
- George Tipler Award for Distinguished Service in School Law, Wisconsin School Attorneys Association (2019)
- "Leader in the Law", Wisconsin Law Journal (2007)
- Association for Women Lawyers, Annual Pro Bono Award (2010)
- Exceptional Pro Bono Advocacy Award, Legal Action of Wisconsin (2009)
- State Bar of Wisconsin Pro Bono Initiative Award (2008)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2006, 2008, 2010-2021)
- "Woman of Influence", Milwaukee Business Journal (2001)
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.