Christopher S.W. "Chris" Blake
Recognized since 2021
Real Estate Law
Christopher S.W. Blake focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations, and financings for a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, gaming, and real estate. As co-chair of Hahn Loeser’s International Practice Group and Corporate Transactions Group, Chris’ practice spans domestic and international transactional matters. Chris has worked with clients in countries in Eastern Europe, Africa, Central and South America, and Southeast Asia.
Chris regularly uses his in-depth understanding of the complexities of joint ventures, distributorships and sales agreements to counsel public and private companies through determining the best approach to enter into a new market. Chris has extensive experience identifying cross-border issues and creating detailed plans for his clients. Additionally, Chris represents foreign and domestic public and private companies as buyers and sellers of divisions, “going concern” businesses, equity stakes and discrete assets, and the financing of such purchases and sales
On the financing side, Chris focuses on negotiating commercial lending, including senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt arrangements. Chris has represented governmental, institutional, and private lenders and borrowers in sophisticated transactions involving traditional and nontraditional collateral.
Chris’ gaming law practice focuses on regulatory compliance, licensing, ownership structures and operations of gaming establishments in seven states. He has assisted with the diligence, acquisition and financing of more than 25 gaming operations, and has helped the acquiring parties become licensed by the applicable gaming authorities in each instance. He has also interacted with charitable and for-profit gaming regulators to coordinate on-going licensing reviews and completion of suitability investigations of key owners or employees of gaming operations.
Chris also has an extensive real estate law practice. With a wealth of experience completing surveys, environmental audits and other due diligence, Chris is skilled in facilitating the negotiation of purchases, sales and leases of commercial and residential real estate and mortgages, and other liens on such properties.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 216-621-0150
- Phone Number: 216-621-0150
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hahnlaw.com/professionals/christopher-sw-blake
- 200 Public Square, Suite 2800
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., graduated 1999
- University of Missouri, M.A., graduated 1994
- University of Missouri, B.A., B.J., graduated 1992
- Ohio, 1999
- Adoption Network of Cleveland - Board Member
- Cleveland Bridge Builders - Member
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs - Board Member
- Cleveland International Film Festival - Board of Directors, President-Elect
- University of Missouri Alumni Association - Member
56 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
15 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Cleveland Bridge Builders Class of 2004
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2010
- Leadership Cleveland Class of 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law and Real Estate Law, 2021-22
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Finance Law
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Trade and Finance Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.