Christopher M. Burke
Varela, Lee, Metz & Guarino, LLP
Recognized since 2021
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Litigation - Construction
Chris Burke has over 20 years of experience litigating construction disputes both domestically and internationally. Chris has tried multiple disputes through final award, with amounts in dispute of over US$1 billion. Chris represents clients in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings, and has considerable experience with international dispute resolution.
Chris represents owners, general contractors, construction managers, and subcontractors through the various stages of dispute resolution, from claim preservation through trial.
Before maturation of the litigation process, Chris works with his clients to avoid costly disputes by resolving issues at the project level. Once litigation is inevitable, however, Chris handles all aspects of the dispute process. He is a seasoned litigator who protects his clients' economic interests while preparing for the best presentation at trial should a matter "go the distance." He also advises clients on non-contentious matters, including contract drafting.
Chris is a frequent author and speaker in the construction law space and is active in both the American Bar Association and International Bar Association. Chris is the Executive Editor of The Construction Lawyer, the quarterly journal published by the ABA Forum on Construction Law, and has co-chaired the ABA Forum on Construction Law's Trial Academy Program in 2020 and 2023. Chris graduated cum laude from Yale University and later from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served as a Dillard Fellow Legal Research and Writing Instructor.
- Direct Phone Number: 703-454-0170
- Phone Number: 703-454-0170
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vlmglaw.com/attorneys/christopher-burke/
- 1600 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 900
Tysons Corner, VA 22102
- University of Virginia, JD, graduated 2002
- Yale University, BA, graduated 1999
- Virginia, 2002
- New York, 2016
- Maryland, 2020
- District of Columbia, 2016
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
8 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Government Contracts
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.