Recognized since 2021
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
As a founding partner of Lyons & Simmons, Christopher Simmons focuses his practice on representing clients in complex civil litigation involving wrongful death, catastrophic personal injuries, product liability, complex business disputes, construction defects, and professional liability.
He has a well-earned reputation as a trial lawyer who combines a tireless work ethic with a creative, “outside the box” approach to achieve outstanding results for his clients. Simmons believes results speak louder than words, as he treats his clients’ legal problems as his own, Simmons’ clients have a reassurance that he will fight for them. Anytime. Anywhere.
He has tried cases to verdict throughout the state of Texas and obtained multimillion-dollar results for his clients in cases across the country. Simmons and the attorneys of Lyons & Simmons have recovered hundreds of millions in judgments, awards, and settlements on behalf of clients in a wide array of matters.
Among his noteworthy casework:
- Representation of the family of wrongful death victim in the worst oilfield incident in Oklahoma history (and the deadliest in the U.S. since the 2010 Macondo Deepwater Horizon blowout). Obtained one of the largest recoveries for a wrongful death claimant in Oklahoma history.
- Representation of former University of Kansas head football coach, David Beaty, in lawsuit against the university asserting claims including breach of contract for the university’s failure to pay Coach Beaty the liquidated damages it owed him. In a much-publicized conclusion, obtained $2.55 million settlement for David Beaty.
- Multimillion-dollar verdict obtained in trial involving family of adopted child who was exposed to harmful conditions in connection with adoption agency’s misrepresentations to the adoptive parents and negligence. (recognized in Top Verdicts, Top Texas Verdicts List, 2012).
- Representation of the family of wrongful death victim involving negligent entrustment, hiring, retention and training. Multimillion-dollar settlement obtained.
- Representation of the family of wrongful death victim involving worker who was killed on a Texas oil rig. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Representation of brain injury victim and family stemming from intoxicated and distracted driver of a commercial truck. Multimillion-dollar settlement obtained.
- Representation of victim of sexual assault by employee of home service provider. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Representation of clients against large trucking company involving claims of negligence and negligent hiring, training, and entrustment. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Representation of multiple clients against large medical device manufactures. Confidential settlements obtained.
- Representation of clients in complex business tort case involving $500 million in alleged damages against a large aviation manufacturer arising out of claims for breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, and conspiracy. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Multimillion-dollar judgment obtained plus attorneys’ fees in trial involving publicly traded company where physician group sued for $2.6MM+ over alleged breach of management agreement.
Contact & Links
- Rosewood Court
2101 Cedar Springs Road, Suite 1900
Dallas, TX 75201
- Southern Methodist University , JD, graduated 2008
- Texas A&M University, BA, graduated 2004
- Texas, 2008
- New Mexico, 2018
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- New Mexico
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America, 2020-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2019, 2021
- Up and Coming Top 100, Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2017-2021
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine, 2018-2020
- Rising Stars, Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2014-2021
- On the Rise, Texas Lawyer Professional Excellence Awards, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Outstanding Committee Chair Award, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2013
- Top Verdicts, Top Texas Verdicts List, 2012
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.