Recognized since 2020
Litigation - Construction
Chris is Board Certified by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in construction law, a distinction that is unique to less than 400 attorneys in the state. During his career, he has worked with general contractors, sureties, subcontractors and specialty trade contractors, product manufacturers, architects, and engineers in matters ranging from defective construction or design, delays, contract disputes, lien and payment disputes, and construction-site personal injury.
Chris also dedicates a portion of his practice to the representation of insurance carriers involved in coverage disputes and defending individuals and businesses in litigation involving property damage or bodily injury. Additionally, he has litigated and tried professional malpractice, casualty, and personal injury cases in his career.
For the past three years, Chris has been recognized for his outstanding work in the field of construction litigation by the Florida Super Lawyers publication. In 2018, Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry appointed him to the Construction Trades Qualifying Board. Chris was also invited and accepted Fellowship to the Construction Lawyers Society of America. He frequently lectures on a variety of construction topics for clients and industry groups.
Outside of the office, Chris is an avid Florida State Seminoles fan. On fall weekends, you can find Chris with his wife and three children at Doak Campbell Stadium adorned in garnet and gold tailgating with his family and friends. As for staying busy during the other seasons, he enjoys spending time with his family, golf, traveling, and working on improving his home (one project at a time). Chris also donates his time to various local charities and organizations, including Children’s International Summer Villages (CISV), which he became involved with as a youth and continues to support today.
Contact & Links
- Bank of America Tower, Suite 3500
50 North Laura Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Mercer University , J.D., graduated 2005
- Florida State University, B.A., graduated 2001
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- acksonville Construction Trades Qualifying Board - 2018 – Present
- AIA Jacksonville - Member
- ALFA International Construction Practice Group - Steering Committee, 2020 Program Co-Chair
- Associated Builders & Contractors - Florida First Coast Chapter
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court - Barrister
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance - Member
- Northeast Florida Builders Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers, Construction Law (2016 - 2019)
- Florida Rising Star, Construction Law (2010 - 2015)
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow (2018)
- Jacksonville’s Top Lawyers, 904 Magazine
- The Best Lawyers in America (2020 Edition)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.