Christopher J. "Chris" Cole
Recognized since 2013
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Christopher Cole, partner, has practiced labor and employment law since 1992. For more than two decades, Mr. Cole has defended Hawaii employers against lawsuits involving allegations of sexual harassment, retaliation, discrimination, whistleblowing, trade secret/non-compete agreement enforcement, tort, and breach of contract. Mr. Cole is also experienced in labor arbitration, mediation, workplace investigations, FLSA wage and hour compliance audits, workplace violence, drug-testing policies, EEO training, whistleblower proceedings, workers' compensation rate litigation, unemployment insurance appeals, employment contracts, separation agreements, ADA confidentiality, and employee discipline and discharge.
Mr. Cole is a graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of Law. Upon graduation in 1992, Mr. Cole joined the Labor and Employment Department of Carlsmith Ball LLP as an associate. Before joining Marr Jones & Wang, Mr. Cole practiced as a litigation partner at Carlsmith Ball, and McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon, LLP, where he handled a wide range of commercial and general litigation matters, while always maintaining an active employment law practice. In 2012, Mr. Cole joined Marr Jones & Wang, focusing exclusively on labor and employment law.
Mr. Cole is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts in Hawaii, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Tax Court.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 808-536-4900
- Phone Number: 808-536-4900
- Lawyer Page: https://www.marrjones.com
- Pauahi Tower, Suite 1500
1003 Bishop Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
- University of California - Los Angeles, B.A., English and History
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Hawaii, 1992
- American Bar Association - Member
- Friends of Waikiki Aquarium - Board of Directors
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Member
- HSBA Staff & Facilities - Committee Chair
- Hawaii (all courts)
- United States District Court, District of Hawaii
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
6 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Appellate Practice
- Labor Law - Management
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.