“I am privileged to help people every day plan for their futures and provide them with peace of mind knowing that their affairs are in order. For me, there is no job better than being a trusted advocate.”
My clients receive my undivided attention. I focus on learning your story and understanding your specific needs. With a broad base of legal knowledge, I will thoughtfully consider your issues, identify your options, and strategically use the right tools to accomplish your goals.
With nearly 20 years of experience, I bring considerable expertise in the following areas:
- estate planning: planning and preparation of wills, revocable trusts, health care directives, financial powers of attorney, beneficiary designations for life insurance, and retirement plan
- sestate and trust administration
- litigation of contested probate, trust, guardianship, and conservatorship matters
- business succession planning
- private foundation administration
- antenuptial/prenuptial agreements
- drafting and administration of family limited partnerships (FLPs); family cabin trusts/Limited Liability Companies (LLCs); irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs); qualified domestic trusts (QDOTs); grantor trusts (GRATs); intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs); charitable remainder trusts (CRTs); charitable lead trusts (CLTs); special and supplemental needs trusts
Conscientious in my approach, I will engage you in a conversation to explore the advantages, disadvantages, and challenges of important life decisions. Your best interests are my top priority.
In addition to my practice, I teach continuing education courses to lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors on a variety of estate planning, business succession planning, and estate administration topics. I am dedicated to serving my community through prominent roles in local government, and committed to education. It was an honor to be named “Hero of the Week” by a radio station, designated a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association, and recognized for my commitment to pro bono work by Woodbury Magazine. I enjoy spending time with my wife and children, and we are active members of our church. In addition, I like reading, writing, politics, bicycling, and playing and watching basketball.
See my full bio here.