Christopher H. "Chris" Milton
Recognized since 2010
Real Estate Law
Christopher H. Milton has a wide variety of experience in numerous areas of real estate development, financing, entitlements and operations.
Chris represents regional, national and foreign owners, developers and investors in connection with all aspects of real estate development from acquisition through zoning relief, subdivision, permitting, environmental remediation and construction.
Chris represents lenders and investors in multi-party real estate based financial transactions and related loan workouts, restructurings and foreclosures. More specifically, Chris represents owners of real estate on mortgage loans of up to $200 million, various banks in construction loans ranging up to $100 million, large insurance companies on more than 50 permanent mortgage loans involving principal amounts from $15 million to $310 million, and has been involved in private equity transactions, and in the formation of various joint ventures and sale and leaseback transactions. He has also represented many of these lenders and investors in workouts, restructurings and foreclosures.
Chris is involved in acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and various other operational matters relating to real estate. He is involved with real estate owners and operators in the valuation of real estate in gaming, eminent domain, agricultural preservation easement, conservation easement and tax abatement contexts.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 617-310-6000
- Phone Number: 617-310-6000
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gtlaw.com/en/professionals/m/milton-christopher-h
- One International Place, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02110
- Princeton University, AB, graduated 1969
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program - Mentor
- Home for Little Wanderers - Board of Ambassadors
- The Wellesley Club - President
- United Way - R.E. & Building Industry Breakfast Committee
- Wellesley Country Club - Long Range Planning Committee
507 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
224 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Chambers USA Guide, 2009-2013
- Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011-2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
- Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
- The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.