Christopher H. "Chris" Meyer
Recognized since 2006
Land Use and Zoning Law
Natural Resources Law
He has been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Boise Idaho three times by Best
Lawyers in America: in 2014 (for natural resources), in 2013 (for environmental law), and in 2011 (for natural resources). He is described in the Idaho Yearbook Directory as “centrally located in the world of Idaho public affairs” and “a key figure in Idaho water law.”
His clients include Fortune Ten companies, municipal water providers, cities, counties, highway districts, energy companies, food producers, mining companies, and land developers. He served for over a decade as President of the Idaho Environmental Forum.
Chris is also listed among the leading lawyers in Mountain States Super Lawyers, Chambers USA (Band 1 – highest ranking), Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Environment lawyers, Litigation Counsel of America, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in American Law. He has earned Martindale Hubbell's highest ranking (A-V).
Prior to joining Givens Pursley in 1991, he spent seven years at the University of Colorado School of Law where he taught water law and negotiation while serving as legal counsel to the school's natural resource law clinic. For four years in the 1980s, he practiced natural resources law with the National Wildlife Federation in Washington, D.C.
Chris earned his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan in 1981. He earned his A.B. degree from the same school with high honors in economics, Phi Beta Kappa, James B. Angell Scholar, and the Osterweil Prize in Economics.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 208-388-1200
- Phone Number: 208-388-1200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.givenspursley.com/people/christopher-h-meyer
- 601 West Bannock Street
P.O. Box 2720
Boise, ID 83702
- Idaho, Idaho State Bar
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
18 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
6 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2022)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Boise (2021)
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2019)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Boise (2018)
- Water Law, Boise (2017)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Boise (2015)
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2014)
- Environmental Law, Boise (2013)
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Water Law
- Named Lawyer of the Year for environmental law in Boise, Idaho, by Best Lawyers in America (2014)
- Named Lawyer of the Year for natural resources in Boise, Idaho by Best Lawyers in America (2011)
- Best Lawyers in America - four listings: water law, land use & zoning law, natural resources, and environmental law
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - energy and natural resources
- Chambers USA - Band 1 highest ranking for natural resources and environment
- Marquis' Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who Legal - Environment, a London-based listing of the top environmental lawyers in the world
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Martindale-Hubbell - highest ranking (AV)
- Marquis' Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in American Law
- Idaho Yearbook Directory (2001) Described as a "key figure in Idaho water law" and "centrally located in the world of Idaho public affairs". Listed among top 100 most influential Idahoans.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.