Chris is a senior shareholder in the firm’s Corporate group, and is a leading corporate transactional attorney in the region. Chris’ practice focuses on governance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, fiduciary matters, and other entity transactions, including early and late stage financing, reorganizations, strategic partnering, joint ventures, licensing, distribution, and researching arrangements. He has extensive experience representing both public and private clients and regularly represents clients in the following industries: agri-business, technology, software, private equity, venture capital, manufacturing and non-profit associations.
Chris has authored or co-authored a number of publications regarding business law matters, including:
- Forming and Operating Limited Liability Companies in California (Two Chapters).
- Advising California Partnerships, California Education of the Bar (CEB) (One Chapter).
- The Report on Legal Opinions Concerning California Partnerships by the Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Committee of the Business Section of the State Bar of California.
- The Guide to Organizing and Advising California Limited Liability Companies, Business Law Section, State Bar.
- California Transaction Forms, Business Entities, Limited Liability Partnerships Module, Bancroft-Whitney.
- “Export Controls in the Biotechnology Industry,” Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Law Journal.