Recognized since 2015
Chris focuses on helping clients navigate disputes, whether by handling litigation or by counseling them on how to best avoid or resolve their disputes.
He handles trial and litigation of business disputes of all types, including claims involving business torts, trade secrets, non-competition agreements, and breach of contract and warranty claims. He also has extensive experience in the defense of product liability and toxic tort claims, and has represented manufacturers of a wide range of products, including automobiles, industrial equipment and various consumer products.
Chris’ litigation work has led to regular counseling of clients across a broad spectrum of industries on how to avoid disputes, including counseling on internal policies, management of risk, contract review and other best practices to minimize the likelihood of litigation and increase the odds of success when litigation occurs.
Chris is very active in his community, with leadership roles in his parish and several local nonprofit organizations. He is Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the West Side Catholic Center, which serves the homeless and puts them on the path to self-sufficiency. His volunteer work with the Center and other organizations such as the Legal Aid Society and the Kinship Caregiver Program involves one-on-one, hands-on work with clients to help them navigate solutions to pressing everyday issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.frantzward.com/professionals/koehler-christopher-c
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 200 Public Square, Suite 3000
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Case Western Reserve University , J.D., graduated 1992
- College of the Holy Cross, BA, graduated 1989
- United States, Supreme Court of the U.S.
- Ohio, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member (1992-Present)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member (1992-Present)
- Defense Research Institute - Member (1994-Present)
- American Arbitration Association - Arbitrator, Expedited Commercial Panel (2011-Present)
- ALFA International - Steering Committee, Business Litigation
- Metals Service Center Institute, Northern Ohio Chapter - Counsel (2016-Present)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio and Eighth District of Wisconsin
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Named to the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star List (2005-2007)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated- Martindale Hubbell
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Commercial Litigation (2015-2018)
- Named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list (2019)
- Our Lady of the Wayside Nonprofit Board of Executive of the Year, Medical Mutual Pillar Awards for Community Service (2018)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.