Recognized since 2008
Charlotte, North Carolina
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
For almost 30 years, I’ve been fighting to defend individuals accused of crimes in the State and Federal courts of North Carolina. I love the job.
For example, at the moment I am defending clients in investigations involving diverse subjects such as businesses being charged with PPP loan fraud, doctors and nurses with billing, coding and medical necessity issues, executives and managers accused of kickback schemes and wire fraud. In the process of defending these clients, I find it fascinating to learn in detail about different types of businesses, how they work and how they are regulated.
Most of my cases are in the Federal court in the Western District of North Carolina, but I also work in the Federal Middle and Eastern Districts. Over the years I have worked on State court cases in more than 30 counties in North Carolina, in addition to my home base of Charlotte in Mecklenburg County.
Nowadays, I limit the number of cases I take in order to be able to spend more time on each. I have found that learning the facts and details in depth, and meeting often with each client helps in formulating pre-trial motions, discovery motions and defense strategies.
Contact & Links
- 529 W. Summit Avenue, Suite 1B
Charlotte, NC 28203
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , J.D., graduated 1992
- Stanford University , AB, graduated 1988
- North Carolina, Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Defense
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- Board of Governors of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice - Board Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Member, White Collar Committee
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice - Chair, Criminal Section, 2010-2011
- North Carolina Sentencing and Policy Advisory Commission - Appointed 2011 and 2013
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Charlotte (2022)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Charlotte (2021)
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Charlotte (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- State and Federal
- Best Lawyers® 2022 Criminal Defense: General Practice “Lawyer of the Year” in Charlotte
- Martindale Hubbell® 2022 Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- Fialko Law, PLLC received a Metro Tier One ranking in the 2021 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in Criminal Defense: General Practice and White-Collar in Charlotte.
Board Certified Specialist in both State and Federal Criminal LawCertified by the North Carolina State Bar in 2002, recertified in 2008 and 2013.
Federal Criminal DefenseMost of my Federal cases are in the Western District of North Carolina, but I also work in the Federal Middle and Eastern districts.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.