Recognized since 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
Natural Resources Law
Christine practices environmental and aboriginal law, providing advice in respect of major project development, environmental assessment, permitting, operational matters and acquisition and sale of industrial projects.
She provides specialized mining industry advice, representing clients with respect to permitting and regulatory aspects of exploration, development, operation and closure of mining projects. Her other clients include energy, forestry and other natural resource sector companies, as well as banking institutions and real estate developers.
- works closely with environmental consultants and engineers in providing her clients with practical advice respecting legal obligations and managing risk;
- regularly conducts and coordinates environmental due diligence;
- assists in the negotiation and drafting of agreements related to First Nations and environmental matters;
- counsels project proponents on matters of federal, provincial and territorial jurisdiction, environmental assessment processes, consultation with the public and with First Nations, public hearings, regulatory licences and permits and approvals;
- prepares opinions for clients on various aspects of environmental law, including regulatory compliance, emergency notification, waste transportation and disposal, land rehabilitation, director and officer liability, environmental risk management, and corporate disclosure.
Christine has also been seconded to clients in the mining sector on a part-time basis to provide in-house legal advice, primarily in the areas of environmental assessment and project permitting, environmental compliance, and government and aboriginal relations.
Christine is also a regular contributor to the Project Law Blog, a resource that updates proponents on developments in the law and policy that applies to the development of major projects in Canada.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lawsonlundell.com/team-Christine-Kowbel
- Cathedral Place, Suite 1600
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- British Columbia, 2002
- Northwest Territories, 2009
- Nunavut, 2011
- Yukon, 2015
- Canadian Bar Association: Environmental Law, Administrative Law, and Natural Resources - Member
- Environmental Law for Environmental Specialists, Douglas College - Guest Lecturer
- Project Law Blog - Contributor
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) - Lands Committee Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Newsletter - Reporter - Canada
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice, Vancouver, Canada (2017)
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
- Environmental Law
- Mining Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Best Lawyers: Aboriginal Law Lawyer of the Year in Vancouver for 2017
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Aboriginal and Natural Resources law
- 2014 Lexpert Rising Star Award: recognized as one of Canada's Leading Lawyers under 40
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2016: recognized as a Future Star for Aboriginal, Environmental and Energy and Natural Resources litigation in British Columbia
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2015: recognized as one of the "Corporate Lawyers to Watch"
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.