Recognized since 2017
Commercial Leasing Law
Christina is a Partner in Minden Gross LLP's Commercial Leasing Group specializing in all aspects of commercial leasing (including retail, office, and industrial) and related practice areas including development agreements for rooftop solar leases/licenses, telecommunications license agreements, and tenancy matters. Christina is ?recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as one of Canada's leading lawyers in the area of Property Leasing Law.
Christina has expertise in sophisticated and volume leasing for major developers, and in managing and coordinating major lease-related projects, including due diligence lease reviews on behalf of purchasers and lenders and in sale/leaseback transactions. She has the distinct pleasure of acting for national property managers, international retailers, national banks, developers, landlords, tenants, franchisors, and franchisees.
With Christina, clients understand that nothing is missed. She prides herself on coming up with creative compromises, rather than road blocks, to ensure deals are completed in a timely fashion.
Christina is passionate about the CREW Network Foundation, the philanthropic arm of CREW Network. It is the only foundation in North America that dedicates its resources solely towards advancing women in the commercial real estate industry. After her two-year tenure (2015-2016) as a Champion Director of the CREW Network Foundation she became part of the Foundation's Canadian sub-committee for 2017-2018.
Christina sits on the Commercial Real Estate Advisory Board of Practical Law Canada as it develops a new module focused on Commercial Real Estate. This board includes experts from leading law firms and in-house counsel. Its key function is to help guide editors in ensuring that Practical Law Canada stays at the leading edge of practice and that materials provided by the service are high quality and useful.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.mindengross.com/our-people/details/christina-kobi
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 145 King Street West, Suite 2200
Toronto, ON M5H 4G2
- University of Toronto, LLB, graduated 1995
- University of Toronto, Hons. Bachelor of Science (Quantitative Methods and Commerce), graduated 1992
- Ontario, 1997
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- CREW Network & CREW Network Foundation - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Member
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Toronto Commercial Real Estate Network (Toronto CREW) - Member and Mentor, Board of Directors
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Leasing Law
- 2014 - Lexpert Zenith Award for excellence and thought leadership in an area of practice
Practice and Key Industries
- Commercial leasing
- Agreements - landlord and tenant
- Commercial leasing for international corporations
- Coordinating major lease-related projects
- Due diligence and lease reviews
- Industrial leases
- Lease termination and restrictive covenant agreements
- Non-disturbance agreements
- Office and industrial leases
- Reciprocal easement agreements
- Registration of title instruments
- Retail leases
- Telecommunications and solar panel
- Tenancy dispute matters
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.