Recognized since 2018
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Chrisandrea (Chrissie) Turner of our Lexington office is a bankruptcy and creditors’ rights litigator focusing on corporate bankruptcy and restructuring and adversary proceeding defense. Ms. Turner regularly represents lenders, trade creditors, lessors and lessees, sureties, and large creditors in Chapter 11 matters and complex bankruptcies around the country. Her litigation practice includes receiverships, preferential and fraudulent transfer defense in bankruptcies, nondischarge of debt adversaries and foreclosure. Chrissie's discipline of practice touches areas beyond bankruptcy, including environmental actions, healthcare matters and corporate transactions. Working closely with multiple Stites service groups, Chrissie is able to advise our clients on issues they face both inside and out of creditor-oriented matters.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Upon graduating from law school, Chrissie clerked for Hon. Judge Joseph M. Hood, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, and Hon. Judge Eugene E. Siler, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. She began her bankruptcy practice in 2001, and has litigated bankruptcy matters in Kentucky, Delaware, Connecticut, California, West Virginia, Virginia, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri and New York.
Chrissie is active in the American Bankruptcy Institute and previously served as Chair of Women Leading Kentucky. She has served as a member of the board of directors for Leadership Kentucky since 2015.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.stites.com/attorneys/chrisandrea-l-turner
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Lexington, KY 40507-1758
- University of Kentucky , J.D., cum laude, graduated 1998
- University of Kentucky , B.A., graduated 1994
- Kentucky, Kentucky State Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Fayette County Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Leadership Kentucky - Board of Directors (2015-18); Alumni Association
- Women Lawyers Association - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States District Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Commercial Litigation
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers (2020)
Unsecured Creditors CommitteeRepresent secured creditor/company owner against fraud claims asserted by Unsecured Creditors Committee in Bankruptcy
Nondischarge TrialsRepresent corporate creditors in nondischarge trials
Preference actionsDefend corporate creditors in multi-million dollar preference actions
National counselServe as national counsel for medical air transport services in 11 states
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.