Mr. Mashiba is a partner in the tax department. His practice is concentrated in the areas of federal and state tax planning for businesses and individuals and resolving federal and state tax audits. He is the past chair of the Tax Committee of the Hawaii Society of CPAs and past chair of the Tax Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association. Mr. Mashiba is currently listed in the publication Best Lawyers in America. He is a past Adjunct Professor of Law at the William S. Richardson School of Law, teaching corporate and partnership taxation.
Mr. Mashiba received his J.D. degree, cum laude, from Hastings College of the Law, University of California. Mr. Mashiba received his B.B.A. degree in accounting, with distinction, from the University of Hawaii. He is also licensed as a CPA in Hawaii. Mr. Mashiba serves on the board of directors for the River of Life Mission and Tax Foundation of Hawaii.
- J.D. (1997), Hastings College of the Law, University of California (cum laude, Thurston Society, Order of the Coif)
- B.B.A. Accounting (1991), University of Hawaii (with distinction, Dean's Scholar Award with highest cumulative GPA in College of Business)
- Hawaii State Bar (1997)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- Certified Public Account (currently not in public practice)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants