For more than 20 years, Chris has advised some of Australia's leading employers on workplace strategy, complex human resources issues and high-stakes litigation.
Chris loves the engagements that really matter for clients, working with business leaders who can best take advantage of his experience. For Chris, workplace law is his expertise, but helping businesses achieve their goals is his passion.
His considerable expertise in workplace change has been forged in the toughest of environments, including stevedoring, construction, road transport, and rail.
He has assisted countless employers involved in challenging bargaining negotiations and disputes delivering pragmatic and solution-orientated advice. The legal context is only part of the puzzle when balancing strategy and risk. Chris has recently helped employers with:
- The implications of introducing automated technology in traditional blue-collar environments
- Developing leading-edge enterprise bargaining agreements
- Limiting the downside of difficult enterprise bargaining negotiations
- A move from traditional to more progressive workplace outcomes
- The defence of litigation aimed at preventing operations
- Proactive litigation aimed at restoring business operations
Chris was at the forefront of developing the Seyfarth Workplace Bargaining Toolkit, providing clients with a holistic analysis of their negotiation position and the capacity to improve it.