Chris E. Ryman
Recognized since 2010
Litigation - Construction
Chris has been a Director with Coats Rose since 1990, and over thirty years of experience to bear for the Firm’s clients. He handles general civil litigation, mediation and arbitration matters, with a specialty in construction, real estate, commercial and business litigation.
After receiving his degree from the University of Houston Law Center, Chris spent three years as an Associate at Leonard, Koehn, Rose & Hurt. In 1982, he co-founded the Firm of Rose & Ryman as a Partner, and in 1990 his Firm was merged with Coats Rose.
Chris was a participant in legislation relating to the Texas Residential Construction Liability Act. He has received Advanced Mediator Training at the Attorney-Mediators Institute, and Commercial and Construction Arbitration Training at the American Arbitration Association. He was also Board Certified in 1987 by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Trial Law. Chris has been recognized as a Texas Best Lawyer and Texas Super Lawyer (2009-2012).
Chris has represented owners, homebuilders, architects, engineers, design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors involved in commercial and residential construction disputes; represented individuals, equipment lessors and financial institutions in collection, foreclosure and lender liability disputes; and defended individuals and companies in tort claims and construction accidents. His construction law practice includes all types of commercial and residential claims, litigation and arbitration. Chris’s tort litigation experience includes construction accidents, premises and product liability claims. He has also handled commercial litigation, business litigation, real estate litigation and frequently serves as an arbitrator and mediator in all types of disputes.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://
- 594 Sawdust Road, Suite 366
Spring, TX 77380
- University of Houston, J.D., graduated 1979
- Southwestern University, BA, graduated 1975
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Arbitration Association - Construction & Commercial Panel Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- DRI Construction Law - Past Co-Vice Chair
- DRI Construction Law - Past Publications Chair
- Greater Houston Builders Association - Member
- HomeAid Houston - Advisory Board Member
- Houston Bar Association - Life Fellow
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution - Member
- National Arbitration Forum - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Executive Council, Construction Law Section, Constructional Law Council
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee - Past Member
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee District 04A3 - Past Chairman
- Texas Association of Builders - Member, Attorney's Council
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Texas Residential Construction Commission, Warranty & Performance Standards Advisorty - Past Industry Member
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in 2014 Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, Tier 3
- Listed in U.S. News, Best Lawyers in America, Best Law Firms, Construction Law, National Tier 1
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.