Chris Baugher advises on deals involving payment systems participants and the financial technology industry. In particular, Chris regularly represents payment processors, sophisticated merchants and financial institutions in the following matters:
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of operating companies, payment technology assets and credit card portfolios.
- International expansion initiatives, joint ventures and strategic alliances in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Co-branded credit card programs, private label card alliances, payment network agreements and card acceptance agreements.
- Credit card data security matters and data breach response.
- Merchant services alliances, card processing arrangements and new payment technology M&A.
- Payments regulatory matters.
Chris is dual-qualified as a Georgia attorney and a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales. He previously served as the dedicated on-site legal counsel in Dublin, Ireland, for a client that is one of the leading merchant acquirers in Europe. He has also spent a significant amount of time based in Brussels, Belgium, assisting clients in the financial technology industry with cross-border transactions and matters related to credit card network membership and compliance.
He has been recognized as a member of “Georgia’s Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend magazine and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America.