Recognized since 2007
Real Estate Law
Mr. Trainor represents clients on matters involving sophisticated real estate transactions including purchase and sale agreements, leases, partnership agreements and loan documentation. He also counsels lenders and borrowers regarding mortgage origination and workout matters. He has negotiated scores of loan and workout transactions, and advises both tenants and landlords regarding office and retail leases. His clientele includes developers, landowners, title companies, lending institutions, shopping center owners, property management entities and construction companies. His practice includes the development of master-planned communities, resort real estate and golf courses.
Mr. Trainor represents lending institutions with respect to their real estate loans in the Central Valley. He has also recently represented the sellers in one of the largest commercial real estate transactions in Sacramento’s history, the sale of six office buildings and land to a Texas-based REIT. Additionally, Mr. Trainor also represented the buyer in the largest land purchase in Sacramento’s history. He also has represented the land seller/partner in Sacramento’s newest regional mall development. Mr. Trainor represents the owners of dozens of office buildings and shopping centers in Northern California, and currently is representing several master-planned communities in their transactional matters. He and the firm also represent the owners of over a dozen public and private golf courses.
Mr. Trainor is a frequent lecturer for real estate industry associations and has taught numerous Continuing Education of the Bar courses to attorneys including Real Estate Broker Practice and Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements. He has also authored a number of articles relating to real estate and construction.
Mr. Trainor was the first attorney in Sacramento to be admitted to membership in both the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, which is an invitation-only organization of the top real estate attorneys in the nation, and the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, which is an invitation-only organization of the most highly regarded real estate mortgage attorneys in the nation. Mr. Trainor and Trainor Fairbrook are also actively involved in the Association of Commercial Real Estate as members, and as major sponsors of its Broker of the Year event and the Trainor Fairbrook Humanitarian Award.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://trainorfairbrook.com/charles-w-trainor/
- 980 Fulton Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825
- California State University Sacramento, graduated 1973
- University of the Pacific, graduated 1977
- California, The State Bar of California
- American Bar Association, Real Property and Probate Section - Member
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys - Fellow
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers - Fellow
- Association of Commercial Real Estate - Member
- Dean's Council at McGeorge School of Law - Former Member
- Lambda Alpha International - Member
- North State Building Industry Association - Former President of its Associates Council, Board Member
- Sacramento Area Commerce & Trade Organization - Board Member (1998 -), Former Board Chair
- Sacramento Grandfathers Club - Member
- Sacramento Host Committee - 2014 Chair
- Sacramento Pioneer Association - Board Member, "Pioneer of the Year, 2015"
- State Bar of California, Business Law and Real Property Sections - Member
- Urban Land Institute - Member
- Pacific Legal Foundation - Board Member (1998 -), Former Board Chair
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Sacramento (2018)
- Real Estate Law, Sacramento (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Office Buildings
- Shopping Center Transactions
- Tax Certiorari
- Workouts and Restructurings
- "AV Preeminent" Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Sacramento Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Northern California Super Lawyers
- Best of the Bar, Sacramento Business Journal
- Top Lawyer, Sacramento Magazine
- 2015 Sacramento Power Couple (with his wife, Paulette), Sacramento Business Journal
- 2013 Samuel J. Cullers Award, Lamba Alpha International
- 2011 Foundation of Freedom Award, Pacific Legal Foundation
- 2008 FAME Award, Commercial Real Estate Women Sacramento
- 2006 Father of the Year Award, Center for Fathers and Families
- 2004 Sacramento Crisis Nurseries' Power of 10 Award
- 2003 Man of the Year, Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP) Charity Roast
- 2002 Attorney of the Year Award, Doctor-Lawyer Annual Charity Event
- 2001 Distinguished Alumni Award of California State University, Sacramento
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.