Charles W. Sartain
Recognized in:Commercial LitigationEnergy Law
Law School:Louisiana State University
Location:1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600Dallas, TX 75201
- Louisiana State University, BS,
- Louisiana State University, J.D.,
- Leadership Dallas - Member
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy Law
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2005-2015
- Louisiana - Court of Appeals
Areas of Expertise:
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Representation of oil and gas producers in disputes involving royalty payments, lease maintenance, oil field operations, natural gas contracts, gas plant accounting, pooling and unitization issues, operating agreements, and land and lease titles.
- Representation of mineral and royalty owners in lease negotiations and disputes such as lease termination and royalty payment obligations.
- Representation of citizens, candidates, and political parties in disputes involving election procedures, city charter requirements, and election code violations.
- Prosecution and defense of commercial disputes such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance, fraud, and debt collection in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels.
- Arbitration and litigation of healthcare contract suits involving dissolution of medical practices and disputes between providers and payers involving claims processing, reimbursements, utilization review, coverage and regulatory issues.
- Arbitration and litigation of employment related disputes such as theft of trade secrets and breach of non-competition agreements, and employment discrimination.