Charles W. "Charlie" Hill
Recognized since 2008
Employment Law - Individuals
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Mr. Hill consults with employers concerning employment law decisions regarding their workforce, including discipline, discharge and the implementation of specific policies to ensure compliance with existing employment law, particularly the application of federal and state discrimination statutes. Mr. Hill provides advice and consultation concerning the purchase of employment practices liability insurance including addressing potential coverage issues.
Mr. Hill regularly represents employers in the defense of claims filed with the EEOC and State Human Rights Commissions. He regularly represents employers in federal and state courts in the defense of employment law claims.
Mr. Hill also maintains an active broker/dealer and investment advisory litigation practice. He regularly represents Broker/Dealers, Advisors and securities representatives in securities arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in securities litigation brought in the federal and state courts, including disputes over investment products, employee transitions, sales practices and corporate governance. He also consults with Broker/Dealers regarding regulatory compliance, examinations, and inquiries.
Mr. Hill is experienced in the defense of class action wage and hour claims, consumer financial claims and product claims.
In addition, Mr. Hill has extensive experience representing clients involved in litigation over restrictive covenants, non-solicits, covenants against disclosure of proprietary information and the protection of trade secrets.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 901-525-1322
- Phone Number: 901-525-1322
- Lawyer Page: http://www.glankler.com/attorneys/hill-charles
- 6000 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400
Memphis, TN 38119
- University of Memphis, J.D., graduated 1977
- The University of Memphis, BA, graduated 1974
- Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Memphis Bar Association - Member
- Memphis Regional Chamber - Board of Directors
- Tennessee Bar Association - Member
30 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
6 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employment Law - Individuals, Memphis (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Covenants Not to Compete
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Employment Law (Individuals), Labor & Employment Litigation
- Mid South SuperLawyers
- MBQ Power Players 2010-2012, MBQ Magazine
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Labor Law - Management
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.