Charles R. Mendez
Recognized since 2021
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Charles R. Mendez is an experienced trial attorney who specializes in the area of medical malpractice. He represents individuals who have been injured while receiving medical care, and he has assisted in securing several multi-million-dollar outcomes for his clients. Prior to joining Burg Simpson, Mr. Mendez practiced in the human services division of the Denver City Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Mendez is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Mendez was a member of the National Trial Team, a student attorney in the civil litigation clinic, and clerked for the Colorado Supreme Court Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel. Mr. Mendez is a frequent lecturer and writer. He was the recipient of the Warren E. Burger Prize for Writing, presented by Justice Ginsburg at the Supreme Court of the United States. He was also the winner of the 2014 Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition, administered by Notre Dame Law School.
Charles Mendez has been selected by Colorado Super Lawyers as a Rising Star every year since 2018 and was named as one of Colorado’s Outstanding Young Lawyers in 5280 Magazine’s Top Attorneys issue. Since 2021, Best Lawyers of America recognized Charles as a “One to Watch”, a prestigious award that is given to up and coming young attorneys. Charles is a member of the Colorado Judicial Institute (CJI) Young Professionals Committee and wrote and published a chapter in the Colorado Civil Claims, Battery. He is also on the Legislative Committee for CTLA.
- 4601 DTC Boulevard, Suite 950
Denver, CO 80237
- University of Denver , J.D., graduated 2014
- Westmont College, B.A., graduated 2010
- United States, Colorado
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Judicial Institute - Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2022 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Top Attorneys: Colorado's Outstanding Young Lawyers 2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2018-2022
- Faculty Fellow, Sturm College of Law (SCOL) 2014
- Regional Finalist, American Association for Justice National Trial Tournament 2013
- Winner, American Inns of Court, Warren E. Burger Prize for Writing 2014
- Winner, Notre Dame Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition 2014
- Selected to Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch", 2021 - 2022
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.