Charles M. Forman, senior member Forman Holt, is a widely respected leader of bankruptcy law in the region with more than 40 years of experience as attorney for debtors and creditors in addition to his service as a trustee appointed by the United States Justice Department and as attorney for numerous other trustees.
He's a modern day "Robin Hood" who makes extraordinary efforts to recover funds for creditors. - Bankruptcy Insider magazine
In his capacity as a trustee, Mr. Forman has overseen more than 18,000 Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases, including many of the most complex cases that have been filed in this region during the past two decades. The cases he has handled include household names such as Linens 'n Things, Workbench Furniture, Russ Berrie Toys and Upsala College.
His assignments have included serving as trustee for NJ Affordable Homes, a $100 million real estate Ponzi scheme, and Omne Staffing a $350 million per year employee staffing company.
"U.S. Attorney Ralph J. Marra, Jr. thanked Charles M. Forman, Esq., who serves as the bankruptcy trustee for NJAH in its Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation, for his assistance and cooperation." - FBI Press Release
The United States Justice Department recognized the excellence of Mr. Forman's performance as a trustee when it awarded to him the first-ever Director's Award for Outstanding Achievements by a Private Trustee.
In 2016 Charles M. Forman received the Lifetime Achievement Award from The New Jersey Law Journal.
Mr. Forman is founder of the firm. His combined background in law and engineering and his creative approach to problem solving have served him well in connection with the may varied and complex assignments he has handled including mattes in the areas of telecommunications, manufacturing, real estate, employee benefits and health care, securities law and other complex areas.
- Named the "Master of Disaster" by the Bergen Record
- Recipient of US Justice Department's Director's Award for Outstanding Achievements by a Private Trustee
- Recipient of NJ Law Journal's Lifetime Achievement Award 2016
- Included in Marquis Who's Who 2020
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2007-2020
- Recognized as a "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation/Bankruptcy 2020, 2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2005-2021
- Top ranking in Chambers USA Guide for Bankruptcy/Restructuring NJ 2020
- Named to Top Lawyers of Bergen County by 201 Magazine
- President, NJ Bankruptcy Lawyers Foundation
- Combined background in law and engineering
- More than 30 years experience in bankruptcy law
- US DoJ Trustee, has overseen more than 15,000 Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases
- Lectures on behalf of NJ State Bar Assoc. and NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Speaks to bankruptcy trends, fraud, trustee practice at the American Bankruptcy Institute