Chadwick A. "Chad" McTighe
Recognized since 2023
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Chad McTighe is a Member in the Louisville office and Chair of the Business Litigation Service Group. Chad regularly advises and represents clients in a wide range of business and commercial litigation matters, including extensive practice in class action litigation, shareholder and membership disputes, real estate litigation, data breaches, and fiduciary duty litigation. He represents clients in various industries, including oil and gas, tax liens, telecommunications, insurance, financial institutions, health care, and many others. He has practiced in a number of state and federal courts and has successfully argued multiple issues of first impression resulting in published appellate decisions.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- Class Action Litigation: Demystifying Trends, Developments, and Best Defense Strategies, panel member, The Knowledge Group, February 9, 2022
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Kentucky, Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, November 2021, with Michael E. Kleinert and Zachary M. VanVactor
- Refreshing Relief or Return of the Robocalls?, with Neal F. Bailen and Jeffrey S. Moad, Stites & Harbison Client Alert, April 2, 2021
- I Mailed It . . . But Can I Prove It?, with Brian R. Pollock, Stites & Harbison Client Alert, January 28, 2021
- Consumer Class Action Litigation: Tips & Strategies for Your Firm in 2020 and Beyond, Panelist, The Knowledge Group, September 15, 2020
- Lead trial counsel for the defendant in a trial involving Kentucky Consumer Protection Act and other claims, obtaining a verdict of 1.5% of what the plaintiff sought (including zero for punitive damages) in a case in which damages were the primary issue in dispute.
- Appellate counsel in an interlocutory appeal successfully reversing class certification in a case involving alleged property contamination. AT&T Corp. v. Feltner, 2021 WL 2753980 (Ky. Ct. App. July 2, 2021).
- Appellate counsel in an appeal successfully reversing a $1.2 million judgment and obtaining a published decision setting forth the standards in Kentucky for challenging the results of a contractual appraisal process. Kenneth D. Parrish, DMD, Ph.D., P.S.C. v. Schroering, 636 S.W.3d 133 (Ky. Ct. App. 2021).
- Obtained summary judgment for a pharmacy services provider, recovering 100% of the amount sought (approximately $1.2 million), for breach of contract. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC v. Highlands Hospital Corp., 2021 WL 1169897 (E.D. Ky. Mar. 26, 2021).
- Obtained summary judgment for a healthcare provider in Jefferson Circuit Court in a putative class action asserting claims for negligence, negligence per se, and invasion of privacy stemming from an alleged data breach disclosing patient information. Judgment was obtained prior to any class being certified.
- Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation, Board of Directors
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
More Than Stites & Harbison
Chad participated in the summer associate program at the firm while in law school. Chad is a member of the Board of Directors of the Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation. He has also served as a volunteer attorney representing victims of domestic violence and is a regular participant in numerous other volunteer and community activities, including the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 502-681-0392
- Phone Number: 502-681-0392
- Lawyer Page: https://www.stites.com/attorneys/chadwick-a-mctighe
- 400 West Market Street, Suite 1800
Louisville, KY 40202-3352
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., cum laude, graduated 2004
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude, graduated 2001
- Kentucky, Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Louisville Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
99 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
20 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® (2015-22)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2013-14)
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star (2018-22)
- Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List (2016)
- Professional Sector Network Global Awards, Class Action Adviser of the Year–USA (2014)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.