Catherine Longeval is a partner in Van Bael & Bellis' Brussels office. She specialises in litigation before the Belgian courts and advises clients on a wide range of issues, including life sciences law. Her expertise in this area covers laws governing medicines, biotech products, medical devices, cosmetics and food supplements, among other aspects. She also specialises in collective and individual employment law, unfair trade practices, distribution law, product liability and general commercial law. She is recognised by many leading legal directories for her expertise in life sciences law and dispute resolution.
Catherine began her professional career in October 1989. Prior to joining Van Bael & Bellis in 1994, she worked as an associate with a leading Brussels law firm.
She regularly lectures and writes on life sciences regulatory matters and procedural law matters. She also regularly speaks at conferences on matters involving her areas of law.
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe for Dispute Resolution
- Chambers Europe – ‘Leaders In Their Field’ (Dispute Resolution)
- Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Litigation Lawyers
- PLC for EU Life Sciences – Regulatory
- PLC for EU Life Sciences – Competition/Anti-trust
- PLC for Dispute Resolution
- PLC for Belgium Life Sciences – Regulatory
- Legal 500 for Employment law
- Legal 500 for Dispute Resolution
- European Legal Experts for Litigation
- Who’s Who Legal for Life Sciences
- LMG Life Sciences (Europe) – Life Sciences Star
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium – Master’s Degree in European Law, 1989
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL), Belgium – Law Degree, 1987
Catherine Longeval is a contributor to Van Bael & Bellis' “Business Law Guide to Belgium” (Kluwer Law International/Bruylant, 2003). She has also co-authored many articles on life sciences law for PLC's Life Sciences Handbook.
Member of CEPINA (Belgian Centre for Mediation and Arbitration)
Member of the Brussels Pharma Law Group
Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association