Recognized since 2019
Litigation - Insurance
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Casey Stansbury is a partner in the Kentucky office and experienced litigator and trial attorney in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.
Over his career, Mr. Stansbury has represented individuals, municipalities, counties, state agencies, officers, elected officials and corporations both small and worldwide. With a background in politics, marketing and public relations, Casey handles each matter efficiently and with a focus of finding the best resolution for the client.Mr. Stansbury handles matters involving constitutional law, employment, telecommutions, retail and hospitality, transportation including cargo, environmental, complex litigation, class actions, product liability and general liability matters. Casey is constantly called on by insurance carriers to provide representation in matters involving excess insurance and case oversight. In addition to an AV rating by Martindale Hubbell, Casey is recognized yearly as a Super Lawyer and by Best’s Attorneys.
Mr. Stansbury is also a leader in state and national bar associations. Casey is the past president of the Kentucky Defense Counsel. Nationally, Casey served as the Defense Research Institute’s Civil Rights Committee Chair. While serving on the Civil Rights Committee, Casey was recognized by DRI as the Program Chair of the Year and the Committee Chair of the Year.
Upon completing his term as Civil Rights Committee Chair, Casey was invited to join the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel. The FDCC is an elite invite only organization comprised of the top 1200 defense attorneys and corporate counsel. In his time as a member of FDCC, Casey became the youngest Board of Director in FDCC history, was recently awarded the President’s Award and is their current Senior Director.
Casey is a regular presenter to clients and attorneys on a variety of subjects ranging from legal updates to marketing and controlling your message. Casey is a graduate of the Louisiana State University and the Claude Petitte School of Law at Ohio Northern University.
- 2525 Harrodsburg Road Suite 500
Lexington, KY 40504-3359
- Ohio Northern University
- Ohio, .
- Kentucky, .
- Indiana, .
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) - Member
- Kentucky Defense Counsel - Member
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA) - Member
- Risk and Insurance Management Society - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Insurance
- “Best Lawyer” in America (2020)
- Kentucky “Super Lawyer” (2015-2017; 2020)
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Best Lawyer in America for Litigation – Insurance (2019)
- Star Litigator - Benchmark Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.