Recognized since 2021
Real Estate Law
“A well-written real estate document should read with ease like a good book, without the need for re-reading paragraphs to understand the content. It should have clarity and flow.”
With more than 30 years of experience and focusing on attention to detail, I strive to spot issues and help clients avoid potential landmines, such as future landlord and tenant disputes. I understand the need to balance legal issues with business practicalities in order to achieve effective results.
My practice primarily focuses on leasing transactions involving office, manufacturing, warehouse and distribution, retail and restaurant properties throughout the United States and purchase and sales transactions involving single and multiple commercial properties. I also have negotiated and drafted leases and purchase agreements in Mexico and Canada in conjunction with local counsel. Representing clients in all phases of selling, buying, financing, and leasing commercial real estate, I manage transactions from start to finish, including:
- drafting and negotiating purchase agreements, leases, and loan documents;
- assisting in due diligence;
- coordinating environmental reviews;
- working with the title companies, surveyors, and engineers; and
- preparing closing documents.
Leases are typically on-going processes where I handle subsequent amendments to the lease, terminations, requests for estoppel certificates, and subordination agreements.
When negotiating and drafting a real estate document, I take pride in “getting it right” and am highly responsive to meeting your deadline. I am honored when clients turn to me as a reliable and trustworthy resource for their real estate needs and to protect their legal interests.
See my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/carter-delaittre/
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Hamline University, J.D., graduated 1984
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities, B.A., graduated 1975
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- AV® Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Silver Gavel Honor Society, Hamline University School of Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.