Representative services to these clients include:
- Joint ventures among large physician groups, hospitals, and other sophisticated health care providers
- Electronic health records issues, including negotiation of EHR vendor agreements, compliance with meaningful use criteria and Stimulus Act incentives requirements
- Transactional matters, including acquisitions and financings
- Regulatory compliance, including Federal fraud and abuse laws, Stark laws and similar state law issues
- HIPAA compliance
- Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payor reimbursement
- Medical- staff bylaws and peer review
- Patient care and risk management
- Development of compliance plans
- Clinical research issues, including negotiation and drafting of clinical trial agreements for hospitals and physician groups, Medicare reimbursement, informed consent and the use and disclosure of information for research purposes.
Ms. Bowen leads the Firm’s Health Law practice in the Charlotte office. She is a frequent speaker to client and industry groups on health care issues and has served as an editorial consultant for several health care publications. She also serves on the Board of Directors of Charlotte Community Health Clinic and on the Board of Directors of Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center.
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Included in Chambers Partners USA in North Carolina – Healthcare, 2014-2016.
- Included in Best Lawyers in America for Health Care Law, 2013-2017.
- Selected for inclusion to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list in 2009 - 2016. Her primary area of practice is Health Care.
- 2013 Women in Business Award Winner, presented by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- Selected for inclusion to the 2011 Top 50 Women North Carolina Supers Lawyers, which is included in the North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine.
- American Bar Association Health Law Section- Member and Vice Chair, Membership, 2010-2011