Recognized since 2005
Lake Forest, Illinois
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Understanding that reaching an equitable financial settlement is a priority for clients, Carlton Marcyan, a partner of the firm and a certified public accountant and financial planner, applies his business acumen to financial discovery, analysis and litigation. With a focus on preserving assets, he guides clients to strategic decisions that have a positive return. Well-regarded by the business community and judges, Mr. Marcyan represents high-level executives and their spouses.
Known for his respectful style, Mr. Marcyan believes that listening carefully to clients and working together with them makes for a stronger case. He emphasizes matching the right divorce process to the client's needs. An experienced litigator, Mr. Marcyan has also been a leader in collaborative law.
Prior to joining Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP, Mr. Marcyan worked for Coopers & Lybrand, one of the largest international accounting firms, and the Internal Revenue Service. His accounting expertise enables him to evaluate businesses objectively and quickly understand financial circumstances that elude other divorce lawyers.
A graduate of the John Marshall Law School, Mr. Marcyan received his bachelor's degree from DePaul University and completed his MBA, with honors, at the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management. He is a Fellow of both the American and International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a member of the American Bar Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Illinois Society of CPAs, and Financial Planning Association. He is the past president of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and past Chairman of the firm's Executive Committee. He currently serves as the president of the Lake County Bar Foundation. He is also a member of the Chicago Crime Commission.
Mr. Marcyan is listed in Best Lawyers of America, named a Leading Lawyer by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company, selected an Illinois Super Lawyer, and honored as the 2012 Chicago Family Law "Lawyer of the Year" and the 2014 and 2011 Chicago Collaborative Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America.
He is the author of numerous articles and presents programs throughout the country on topics including trial practice, financial and tax aspects of divorce and collaborative law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.sdflaw.com/attorneys/cmarcyan/
- One Conway Park, Suite 160
100 North Field Drive
Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, MBA, graduated 2011
- John Marshall Law School , J.D., graduated 1980
- Kalamazoo College, BSc, graduated 1976
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Beta Alpha Psi - Member
- Delta Theta Phi - Member
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- Polish Welfare Association - Chairman (1991-1992)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law, Chicago (2020)
- Collaborative Law: Family Law, Chicago (2018)
- Collaborative Law: Family Law, Chicago (2014)
- Family Law, Chicago (2012)
- Collaborative Law: Family Law, Chicago (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law
- Equitable Division
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- 2012 Chicago Family Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America
- 2011 Chicago Collaborative Law “Lawyer of the Year" - Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, by Neifeh and Smith (2005-2016)
- Leading Lawyers Network (1998-2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2005-2016)
- Michael Cohen Award - AAML Illinois Chapter
- CVLS Lawyer of the Year Award
- John Marshall Law School Distinguished Alumni Award
- 2016 Top Ten Family Lawyer in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Magazine
- 2016 Top 100 Consumer Lawyer in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Magazine
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.