Recognized since 2021
Labor and Employment Law - Management
Carlie is an attorney in Tonkon Torp’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. She works with businesses of all sizes to solve complicated labor and employment matters and to train HR departments and managers on key employment law issues. Carlie represents employers against such claims as wrongful termination, employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as wage and hour and leave law violations. Carlie has substantial experience representing employers in state and federal court, and before Oregon’s Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI), the California Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and agencies in numerous jurisdictions including Oregon, California, Washington, Alaska, Idaho, and Nebraska.
Prior to joining Tonkon Torp, Carlie worked at Ogletree Deakins in Portland. During law school, she worked as a legal extern for the Seattle City Attorney’s Office and as an intern for the Municipality of Anchorage Legal Department. Carlie earned her J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law, and holds a B.A. in History from the University of Washington.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://tonkon.com/attorneys/carlie-bacon.html
- Pioneer Tower, Suite 1600
888 Southwest Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- University of Washington , J.D., graduated 2017
- University of Washington, B.A., graduated 2012
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- University of Washington School of Law Moot Court Honor Board Competition - 2017-Present, Volunteer Judge
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section - Past Member, Membership Committee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2022 for work in:
- Labor and Employment Law - Management
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.