Carina is the Managing Partner of a large immigration law practice in Footscray and Dandenong, Victoria. She is an Accredited Immigration Law Specialist, New Zealand Licenced Immigration Adviser and was the winner of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Paul Baker Award in 2017.
She is a regular presenter of CPD topics in immigration law for a range of bodies and writes for the Immigration Law service for Lexis Nexis. Carina has an extensive review practice at the AAT, IAA and Judicial Review. The firm has a vast area of practice ranging from refugee cases, sports related visa issues, overseas students, character and identity cancellation cases, employer sponsored and business visas as well as an extensive pro bono practice with a particular focus on vulnerable persons.
She is a member of numerous legal boards and committees including:
- Member and previous Vice Chair of the Migration Law Committee of the Law Council of Australia (2018 and 2019)
- Co-Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Refugee Committee 2019 and 2020
- Member of the LIV Administrative Law Specialisation Law Committee/ past member of the Immigration Law Specialisation Committee (2003 – 2018)
- Member of the LIV Migration Law Committee (chair in 2009 and 2010)
- Member of the Cancellations Working Group and Citizenship Delay Working Group
- Co-chair of the LIV Sports Law Committee and Chair of the Refugee Law Committee
- Previous Member of the Hockey Victoria Disciplinary Tribunal
- Hockey Victoria Board Member